Powerball drawing for Monday, Nov. 7 remains delayed. Here’s why and when it may happen
The California Lottery stated late Monday night that the Powerball drawing will be postponed because officials needed more time to fulfil security protocols.
Table of Contents
- What was biggest Powerball jackpot?
- What was largest U.S. lottery jackpot ever?
The Multi-State Lottery Commission told CNN in a statement that the delay is due to one participating lottery that requires additional time to process its purchases. The drawing will still take place when that operation is completed.
The California Lottery previously stated that “Powerball has severe security standards that must be completed by all 48 lotteries before a drawing can occur,” and that a participating lottery need additional time to meet those requirements before the drawing can take place.
“When the required security protocols are complete, the drawing will be performed under the supervision of lottery security officials and independent auditors. Winning numbers will be posted as soon as they are available,” the California Lottery said.
The California Lottery later updated that the delay was still in force as of early Tuesday morning due to a difficulty in another state.
126 forgotten survival foods
This lost survival food knowledge is so organized that anyone, even people with absolutely no prior cooking or stockpiling experience can take advantage of it.
100+ DIY Projects For a Self-Sufficient Backyard
With this book, you’ll probably never have to rely on anybody else in times of crisis. You’ll become truly independent from the government, grocery chains, pharmacies, water and energy companies, and even the entire grid as you’ll produce everything you need on your own land.
“It is not due to any California Lottery delays.” “There is presently no expected time for the drawing,” the California Lottery stated, adding that winning numbers will be announced on its Twitter account and website as soon as they become available.
The delay comes as the Powerball lottery jackpot grew to $1.9 billion on Monday, according to the California Lottery, making it the highest lotto reward ever offered – exactly what its creators planned when they adjusted the odds in 2015.
There were no winning tickets sold for Saturday’s anticipated $1.6 billion lottery, which was already the largest lotto reward offered. The most recent jackpot was won in Pennsylvania on August 3.
That jackpot number is the amount a winner would receive if they selected 30 graduated annual instalments, but a winner can also pick the cash option to receive a single lump sum of a lesser value. The winner of the $1.9 billion jackpot has the option of receiving 30 equal instalments of approximately $63 million per year or a lump sum cash value of approximately $929 million.
The greatest Powerball jackpot ever won occurred in January 2016, when three winners split a $1.586 billion reward. Each received their part of the cash value, which totaled $983.5 million.
Yes, the new “record” $1.9 billion jackpot is worth less in cash than the $1.586 billion prize from six years ago. That difference can be attributed to the Federal Reserve’s recent interest rate increases.
Every Monday, Wednesday, and Saturday at 10:59 p.m.ET, Powerball is drawn.
The odds of matching all five numbers and the Powerball number are one in 292.2 million.
Prior to 2015, the white balls were numbered 1–59, while the Powerball was numbered 1–35. Gamblers now have higher odds of winning modest prizes but poorer odds of winning the jackpot, increasing the likelihood that the huge number will expand to record sizes.
“This Powerball game is delivering exactly what our players want,” Powerball Product Group Chairperson Drew Svitko said in a statement prior to Saturday’s drawing. “We are witnessing history in the making with this $1.6 billion jackpot! What’s also exciting is that this run has already created millions of winners, including nearly 100 players who have won prizes worth $1 million or more.”
What was biggest Powerball jackpot?
Here are the Top 10 jackpots since the Powerball lottery began in 1992:
- $1.9 billion, Nov. 7, 2022:
- $1.586 billion, Jan. 13, 2016: Three winners in California, Florida, Tennessee
- $768.4 million, March 27, 2019: Won in Wisconsin
- $758.7 million, Aug. 23, 2017: Won in Massachusetts
- $730 million, Jan. 20, 2021: Won in Maryland
- $699.8 million, Oct. 4, 2021: Won in California
- $687.8 million, Oct. 27, 2018: Two winners in Iowa, New York
- $632.6 million, Jan. 5, 2022: Two winner in California, Wisconsin
- $590.5 million, May 18, 2013: Won in Florida
- $587.5 million, Nov. 28, 2012: Two winners in Arizona, Missouri
What was largest U.S. lottery jackpot ever?
Here’s a look at the top jackpots were won in the United States, between the Powerball and the Mega Millions lotteries:
- $1.9 billion, Powerball, Nov. 7, 2022:
- $1.586 billion, Powerball, Jan. 13, 2016: Three winners in California, Florida, Tennessee
- $1.537 billion, Mega Millions, Oct. 23, 2018: Won in South Carolina
- $1.337 billion, Mega Millions, July 29, 2022: Illinois
- $1.05 billion, Mega Millions, Jan. 22, 2021: Won in Michigan
- $768.4 million, Powerball, March 27, 2019: Won in Wisconsin
- $758.7 million, Powerball, Aug. 23, 2017: Won in Massachusetts
- $730 million,, Powerball, Jan. 20, 2021: Won in Maryland
- $699.8 million, Powerball, Oct. 4, 2021: Won in California
- $687.8 million, Powerball, Oct. 27, 2018: Two winners in Iowa, New York
- $656 million, March 30, 2012: Three winners in Illinois, Kansas, Maryland
- $648 million, Dec. 17, 2013: Two winners in California, Georgia
- $632.6 million, Powerball, Jan. 5, 2022: Two winner in California, Wisconsin
- $590.5 million, Powerball, May 18, 2013: Won in Florida
- $587.5 million, Powerball, Nov. 28, 2012: Two winner in Arizona, Missouri
- $564.1 million, Powerball, Feb. 11, 2015: Three winners in North Carolina, Puerto Rico, Texas
- $543 million, Mega Millions, July 24, 2018: Won in California
- $536 million, Mega Millions July 8, 20116: Won in Indiana
- $533 million, Mega Millions, March 30, 2018: Won in New Jersey
- $522 million, Mega Millions, June 7, 2019: Won in California